Take on the TCS London Marathon for Alzheimer's Society
Run alongside inspiring people like Hayley, who will be taking on the 2022 TCS London Marathon for Alzheimer’s Society in honour of three of her grandparents. Read Hayley’s story below.
“This year I’m running the TCS London Marathon in memory of my wonderful grandma Elsie and my hero, grandad Jack. For as long as I knew my grandma, she suffered from Alzheimer’s. She deteriorated to a point where my only real memories are of visiting her in the care home and her love of Maltesers.
“We sadly lost her when I was 14 years old. I am forever reminded of what an incredible woman she was and how much she loved everyone in her life. Her loss rocked our family – but no-one more than my grandad.
“Although my grandad didn’t suffer from Alzheimer’s, he definitely went through every single up and down associated with an Alzheimer’s diagnosis. He dedicated a huge portion of his life to caring for my grandma. He loved and empowered her throughout her life and continued to keep her memory alive after she’d passed.
“Unfortunately, we lost grandad Jack in April this year, on his 100th birthday. It feels right to dedicate probably the hardest thing I’ve done so far to the man who epitomised true grit and inspired everyone who knew him.
“Sadly, since writing these words, my grandma Alma has also passed away. She played a huge part in my life and was always my biggest fan! I know how proud she was of me for taking on this marathon.
“I will therefore be running the TCS London marathon in memory of all three treasured grandparents.”
Join Team Alzheimer’s Society to run with Hayley and thousands of others affected by dementia at the TCS London Marathon this year. Every step you take gives help and hope to everyone living with dementia and their loved ones. As part of our team, you'll receive:
- a support pack with everything you need to kickstart your training and fundraising
- a free Alzheimer's Society technical running top with iron-on letters
- training plans and advice from our professional running coaches
- regular newsletters to keep you motivated
- access to our exclusive TCS London Marathon Facebook group
- the biggest support on Event Day from our multiple cheer points along the route
- a celebratory post-event reception, including a massage and refreshments for your friends and family
To join our team for the 2022 TCS London Marathon, and to find out more about Alzheimer’s Society, click here.