Run the TCS London Marathon for Barnardo's
The TCS London Marathon 2022 is an event like no other, gives you a feeling like no other and leaves memories like no other. Take part today with Barnardo’s and raise money for children across UK.
At Barnardo’s, we protect, support and nurture the UK's most vulnerable children and help hundreds of thousands of young people, parents and carers via more than 800 services nationwide. We help children through the trauma of sexual abuse and exploitation. We provide support for young people in care – and we don’t forget about them when they leave the care system. We give children who are caring for a loved one the help they deserve.
And that’s not all. Our specialist workers support families through domestic abuse, mental health problems, prison sentences, asylum seeking and much more. We also amplify the voices of young people to influence Government on the issues that affect their lives, fighting their corner and making sure their voices are heard.
The scale of what we do may be big and complex, but our aim is simple – to provide the best outcome for every child, no matter who they are or what they have been through.
By taking on the 2022 TCS London Marathon for Barnardo’s you are making sure we can be here for every child, for as long as they need us. Here’s what you get as part of our team:
- your own personalised Barnardo's running vest – scientifically proven to make people cheer very loudly at you*
- a ticket to our unforgettable TCS London Marathon Training Day
- constant inspiration and advice from Phillipa and Susie – your very own, very determined personal support team
- access to our exclusive TCS London Marathon Facebook group where you can swap hints, tips and ideas with other runners
- access to our VIP post-marathon party, including refreshments and a massage, expertly targeted to make those next-day aches that little bit less tender...
* Just ask anyone who's worn one
But don’t just take our word for it. Chris, one of our superstars who completed the London Marathon in 2020, says: “From start to finish, Barnardo's made running the London Marathon a really memorable and rewarding experience. I felt part of a family with the charity and other runners. The support leading up to the event, around the course and then at the reception afterwards really showed how much the Barnardo’s team cares for its runners. I was proud to wear that Barnardo's vest.”
Whether you want to secure a charity place or have received a place in the Ballot we’d love to have you join #TeamBarnardos and help us change children’s lives. To find out more, click here.