About Brain Research UK and #TeamBrain
We are the UK's leading dedicated funder of neurological research. We fund the best science to achieve the greatest impact for people affected by neurological conditions.
Clare ran the London Marathon for Brain Research UK in 2017, having lost her sister to a brain tumour that same year. She said: “Thank you so much, Brain Research UK, for giving me a place to complete the London Marathon as part of this brilliant team. It was a great honour to be involved in such an amazing event and I will cherish this memory forever!”
How your support will help
By joining our team and running the TCS London Marathon to raise funds for Brain Research UK, you will help support vital research into brain tumours, brain and spinal cord injury and headache and facial pain. We rely on donations to fund our life-changing work.
How we support you
When you choose to run for #TeamBrain, you’ll be joining a group of like-minded people who have decided to take on the TCS London Marathon for our cause. The marathon is no small task, and we will support you every step of the way by providing:
- a runner fundraising pack, giving you lots of fundraising and training tips
- a Brain Research UK running vest
- training plans
- a training day with Run-Fest Director Tom Bedford, giving you an opportunity to run with other team members and get expert advice
- Facebook and Strava groups to help you meet your fellow runners and get fundraising and training support
- support at the TCS London Marathon Running Show and pre-marathon meet-up in the days leading up to the event to celebrate how far you’ve come!
- cheering stations along the marathon route to help you count down those miles
- a post-marathon meet-up area in Trafalgar Square where we can congratulate you on your amazing achievement and meet up with your family and friends
- eternal pride!
By joining #TeamBrain for the TCS London Marathon, you will be a part of an exclusive group of people who have committed themselves to bringing about positive change for neurological research. You will receive a certificate as a small token of our gratitude for the funds you have raised, as well as our 2023 impact report (once released), which will detail how these funds are used.
With your help, we can fund crucial research to help those with neurological conditions live better, for longer. We would love you to join our team!
To find out more about Brain Research UK and get involved, click here.