Not all heroes wear capes – some wear Leukaemia Care running vests!
Why join Team LC for London Marathon? Great question!
By joining our team and taking part in the TCS London Marathon with us, you will be supporting the 34,000 people living with leukaemia in the UK and the 10,000 that receive a diagnosis every year. You will not only achieve what others can only dream of – running 26.2 miles through the closed streets of London with millions of people cheering you on – you will also become a true hero for anyone living with blood cancer.
When you choose to run with Leukaemia Care, we want to give you the special treatment you deserve, including:
- a team running vest so we can spot you in the crowd
- regular phone calls and emails to help you through your training and fundraising
- a friendly closed Facebook group where you can meet and share tips and advice with fellow teammates
- some of the loudest noise makers on the course
- a rest area in the beautiful grounds of St James’ Park – a perfect place to meet your friends and family after the event and stock up on some post-race goodies
How will the money you raise be spent?
- We offer emotional support by funding counselling sessions for patients and their loved ones and by running our nurse-led helpline. We also offer support groups and patient conferences where those affected by leukaemia can talk about their experiences of diagnosis.
- We offer financial support to patients who need help to pay for travel to hospital and for various appointments after a leukaemia diagnosis. We also provide advocacy support workers to help patients and their families access welfare benefits following a diagnosis.
- We campaign for fair access to treatment and to raise awareness of the vital signs and symptoms of a leukaemia diagnosis. We also support healthcare professionals by providing them with training to help them diagnosis leukaemia, as well as the most current information on the treatment options available.
So, what are you waiting for? Become a hero and join Team LC – we can’t wait to welcome you with open arms. To find out more, click here.