Run the 2023 TCS London Marathon with #TeamNSPCC and make every mile count
As part of #TeamNSPCC, we’ll make this bucket-list experience one to remember. From the moment you join us, right up to Marathon Day and beyond, we’ll be here to support you every step of the way. As part of our team, you’ll receive:
- support from our partners at Full Potential, including a bespoke training plan and regular Zoom calls
- a training day where you can meet the coach and your NSPCC team-mates
- a personalised running vest to make you feel unstoppable as the crowds cheer you around the route
- a dedicated London Marathon team to offer you fundraising advice, answer your questions and support you on your journey
- access to a private Facebook group with 1,000+ #TeamNSPCC participants
- the loudest and best support from our six #TeamNSPCC cheer stations around the course
- a post-marathon reception where you can enjoy food, fizz and that all-important massage!
Jules took on the 2022 TCS London Marathon with #TeamNSPCC, raising vital funds to help us reach every child who needs us. We spoke with Jules to hear about her London Marathon experience.
"Running the TCS London Marathon for the NSPCC was the opportunity of a lifetime. I was honoured to be part of the NSPCC team.
"Last year, my husband’s best friend’s son took his own life at the age of 20, leaving behind his twin brother. This devastated the family and everyone around them. William suffered from anxiety for several years and was receiving counselling. Following his passing, my husband and I began to carry out research and became aware of the tragic issue of young male suicide. Perhaps if William had known about the vast array of support mechanisms out there, things might have been different.
"In my corporate life as a Communications Director, I have worked with many charities. The NSPCC is incredibly well organised, fast to respond and has great people working for them.
"On Marathon Day, the NSPCC support was everywhere − shouting, encouraging, and helping you get through those miles. The massage and Champagne were the icing on the cake at their post-marathon reception.
"If you’re planning on doing the marathon, don’t hesitate to sign up. I’ll be back again for 2023, this time cheering on my husband who’s taking on the TCS London Marathon with the NSPCC!"
Do you want to do something incredible in 2023 and run with #TeamNSPCC in the TCS London Marathon? If so, you’ll be joining a huge team of people up and down the country, making a difference to children’s lives. With your support, our Childline service can continue to stay open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, giving children and young people somewhere to turn when they need us. You’ll help us to continue visiting primary schools across the UK and Channel Islands to deliver our Speak out Stay safe programme, giving children the knowledge they need to stay safe.
Join #TeamNSPCC today and play your part in keeping children safe. Together, we can change children’s lives − so click here to get going.