Run the TCS London Marathon for Royal British Legion
Join Team Royal British Legion (RBL) for the 2023 TCS London Marathon and help ensure that nobody who has served is disadvantaged because of the sacrifices they have made.
Whether it is your new ambition to run this iconic event or you’ve run marathons before, we will support you all the way. As a Team RBL runner you will receive:
- an invitation to an exclusive virtual training event with a qualified personal trainer
- expert online training guides and advice
- a personalised Team RBL technical running vest
- a digital fundraising pack, bursting with fundraising tips
- the loudest cheers along the course from our dedicated team
- ongoing support from the RBL Events Team and our community of runners
"Were it not for the RBL, I would not be here today."
Bailey served in the Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME) as an Avionics Technician for eight years, working on various aircraft platforms across the country. During his time in the Army, he sustained an injury that ultimately resulted in the end of his service, which left Bailey struggling with depression.
After receiving support from our Battle Back Centre, a specialist recovery centre for the Armed Forces community established by the RBL, he's now back on his feet and took on the 2022 TCS London Marathon for the RBL.
"As part of my recovery, I was referred to the RBL’s Battle Back Centre in Lilleshall, where I attended one of their multi-activity courses (MAC).
"I was at my worst, feeling lost and hopeless. The fantastic staff and course helped guide me and taught me invaluable techniques to manage my mental wellbeing to begin my recovery process.
"Alongside the team at Headley Court, they showed me that I could still be active and train and could find joy in discovering ways around my injury.
"To say I was excited to be running for RBL is an understatement – the donations I receive will mean they can continue to provide the life-changing support that our Armed Forces community needs and deserves."
Why run for us?
Run for the RBL and you'll be helping us to provide financial, social and emotional support to millions who have served and are currently serving in the Armed Forces, and their families.
How your support makes a difference:
- £600 could provide an Employment Support Grant to someone to fund their training or education after leaving the Armed Forces to help them secure employment
- £1,500 could improve the quality of life of someone living with dementia and their carers through practical, emotional and psychological support from our Admiral Nurses
- £2,200 could provide an electric cycle for our Battle Back Centre which helps sick and injured Service personnel and veterans to improve their physical wellbeing through adaptive sport and adventure activities
We would love to welcome you to Team RBL. By taking part and raising funds, you’ll help us to ensure that those who have served are being looked after no matter what challenges they, and the country, face. To join the team today, click here.