Every day, about 750 seriously ill children and young people from across the UK are seen at Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) for life-changing treatment and care. This includes 72 new patients who have never been seen at GOSH before.
TeamGOSH is helping fund four key areas: rebuilding and refurbishment; child and family support services, such as the GOSH Play team; research into treatment and cures; and vital medical equipment.
Your donation will help children and young people while they are receiving life-changing treatment and care. Here’s what your money could do:
- £10 could help towards funding an operating microscope that helps surgeons perform ear, nose and throat surgeries on their young patients
- £48 could fund everything a Play worker needs for two hours of imaginative play with a child on the ward
- £152 could fund a Play specialist to help reduce anxiety for a child who is scared of needles for blood tests
- £400 could cover the cost of a 10-night stay in GOSH’s family accommodation, so loved ones can stay minutes, not miles, from their child’s bedside while they receive life-changing treatment and care
- £700 could fund a day’s worth of entertainment from musicians, artists and performers through the GOSH Arts programme, to lift the spirits of patients, families and staff
- £1,115 could fund a Play worker and everything they need to prepare arts and craft packs for creative play on the ward for five days