The NSPCC is the leading children’s charity in the UK, specialising in child protection. The charity is dedicated to protecting children today to prevent abuse tomorrow.
NSPCC’S Childline service has been supporting children and young people for more than 35 years. Childline offers a voice when no one else is listening. Whatever dangers young people are facing, NSPCC is here to listen – 365 days a year. Last year, Childline received contact from about 26,700 children in London alone. Across the UK, Childline volunteers delivered almost 200,000 counselling sessions, on the phone and online.
Julian, from NSPCC’s corporate partner Lidl GB, who’s running the London Marathon with TeamNSPCC for a second time, said: “I had been sexually abused as a young boy back in the Seventies involving a family member, which went on for a number of years. During this time, support wasn’t available like it is today and it was always brushed under the table. It only felt right to run for the NSPCC and highlight how important the charity is in helping to protect children who have suffered abuse.”
Your donation will help ensure the NSPCC is always there for children when they really need Childline. Here’s what your money could do:
- £4 could pay for one of the NSPCC’s trained volunteer counsellors to answer a child’s call for help to Childline
- £27 could pay for a Childline supervisor for one hour, supporting the volunteer counsellors to be here to talk to children and make them feel believed
- £190 could pay for one Childline supervisor shift, supporting the volunteer counsellors to be here ready to listen to children and support them whenever they find the courage to talk
- £1,460 could pay to run Childline for an average of one hour, delivering counselling sessions and running the Childline website
- £2,200 could pay for our trained volunteer counsellors to answer 550 calls for children who need our help