Sustainability at our events
- To drive positive change in environmental sustainability through our own actions and inspire our stakeholders and partners to do the same
Learn more about the environmental sustainability programme across London Marathon Events below.
Initiatives for the 2023 TCS London Marathon
Check out the Green Line below to see the key initiatives we've put in place for the TCS London Marathon. It also shows what our participants and spectators can look out for to help us minimise the event’s environmental impact. We know we have more to do, and this is a continuing journey for us.
Here are some of our other initiatives related to the TCS London Marathon:
- Bib numbers printed on-demand to reduce waste at the TCS London Marathon Running Show
- Information about sustainability initiatives at the TCS London Marathon Running Show
- Flapjacks in finisher bags made in the UK from a local producer
- Reusable and recyclable finisher bags made from sugar cane
- Carbon levy for international ballot participants to the event to help compensate Greenhouse Gas Emissions associated with participant travel
- Leftover food and drink donated to The Felix Project, a London-based food waste and redistribution charity that rescues surplus food and delivers it to almost 1,000 frontline charities, primary schools and holiday programmes to help feed local communities