The 2022 edition of the Official TCS London Marathon App is here
The Official TCS London Marathon App, powered by new title partner Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), is available to download on all devices from today.
The hugely successful Official App has been developed by TCS since 2016 and a number of enhancements have been made for 2022.
Through the six-year title partnership, TCS will prioritise enhancing the participant and supporter experience of the event to deliver on TCS London Marathon’s vision of inspiring sports-related activities and charitable giving.
The new features in the Official TCS London Marathon App include:
- The Belief Booster, which enables supporters to share encouraging messages for participants. A selection of messages will be displayed on the LED gantry as participants the world-famous TCS London Marathon Finish Line on The Mall. Messages will also be shared in a post-event email to the participant, along with an option to upload to social media.
- Mass event participants were already able to allow up to three spectators to find their live location on the course in London. This feature is now available for virtual participants too, so they can share their actual live location with up to three supporters of their choice, in addition to followers seeing their position tracked against the traditional TCS London Marathon course.
The Official TCS London Marathon App again features an inspiring audio track featuring the well-known voices of Paula Radcliffe and Steve Cram, with fellow BBC athletics presenter Jeanette Kwakye joining the team this year.
Additionally, participants can use the Official TCS London Marathon App to:
- record the 26.2 miles
- take selfies to post on social media
- find expert tips and advice
Supporters can use it to:
- follow participants’ progress
- keep up to date with the Elite Leaderboard
- find out results
If participants have signed up on our official fundraising platform, supporters can donate to their chosen charity via the Official TCS London Marathon App while they cheer them on. A ‘Donate’ button will appear on the participant's tracking page, making it even easier for family and friends to give towards their special cause.
All participants in the 2022 TCS London Marathon and virtual event will be emailed their log-in details today to enable them to share their details with their supporters.
TCS will continue to promote the innovative use of technology to transform the marathon experience for everyone. This year TCS is providing an enhanced data warehouse with conceptual data modelling, which has helped London Marathon Events (LME) derive customer insights from diverse datasets to support decision making and strategy.
Amit Kapur, Country Head, TCS UK and Ireland, said: “In our first year as title partner of the TCS London Marathon, we will use technology to promote inclusion, sustainability, and healthier choices for communities. We believe in using technology to reimagine and transform companies and communities to drive a positive impact in society.”
Hugh Brasher, Event Director, TCS London Marathon, commented, “We are delighted that TCS is now our official title sponsor and are excited about all the different initiatives we have planned, including the newly enhanced Official TCS London Marathon App. As we build on and develop our six-year partnership with TCS, we are working together to drive forward LME’s digital transformation, allowing us to inspire millions more to build healthy, active lifestyles, as well as raising even more money for charities.”