About the Official TCS London Marathon App
The Official TCS London Marathon App is powered by new title partner Tata Consultancy Services (TCS).
The hugely successful Official App has been developed by TCS since 2016 and a number of enhancements have been made for 2022.
Through the six-year title partnership, TCS will prioritise enhancing the participant and supporter experience of the event to deliver on TCS London Marathon’s vision of inspiring sports-related activities and charitable giving.
The new features in the Official TCS London Marathon App include:
- The Belief Booster, which enables supporters to share encouraging messages for participants. A selection of messages will be displayed on the LED gantry as participants approach the world-famous TCS London Marathon Finish Line on The Mall. Messages will also be shared in a post-event email to the participant, along with an option to upload to social media.
- Mass event participants were already able to allow up to three spectators to find their live location on the course in London. This feature is now available for virtual participants too, so they can share their actual live location with up to three supporters of their choice, in addition to followers seeing their position tracked against the traditional TCS London Marathon course.
The Official TCS London Marathon App again features an inspiring audio track featuring the well-known voices of Paula Radcliffe and Steve Cram with fellow BBC athletics presenter Jeanette Kwakye joining the team this year.
Additionally, participants can use the Official TCS London Marathon App to:
- record the 26.2 miles
- take selfies to post on social media
- find expert tips and advice
Supporters can use it to:
- follow participants’ progress
- keep up to date with the Elite Leaderboard
- find out results