Good For Age entry
2024 qualification details
The qualifying period for the 2024 TCS London Marathon began on 3 October 2022 and will end on 30 September 2023. To apply for a GFA place in the 2024 TCS London Marathon, you must achieve the relevant qualifying time displayed below during the qualifying period.
Qualifying times must have been run at an in-person event that has a certified marathon course, or at the virtual 2023 TCS London Marathon. In-person race courses must have been certified by UKA, the Association for International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS), or a national governing body for distance running for the country in which the race is held. Further information on qualifying through the virtual 2023 TCS London Marathon is available below.
|18-39||sub 3:00:00||sub 3:45:00|
|40-44||sub 3:05:00||sub 3:50:00|
|45-49||sub 3:10:00||sub 3:53:00|
|50-54||sub 3:15:00||sub 4:00:00|
|55-59||sub 3:20:00||sub 4:05:00|
|60-64||sub 3:45:00||sub 4:30:00|
|65-69||sub 4:00:00||sub 5:00:00|
|70-74||sub 5:00:00||sub 6:00:00|
|75-79||sub 5:15:00||sub 6:20:00|
|80-84||sub 5:30:00||sub 6:40:00|
|85+||sub 6:10:00||sub 7:10:00|
Meeting the qualifying time for your age category does not guarantee entry into the event, but simply the opportunity to submit an application. The maximum number of GFA places is 6,000 (3,000 men and 3,000 women). Places will be allocated on a ‘fastest first’ basis comparative to your age and the qualifying time.
If you have a GFA qualifying time that is less than 10 minutes under the qualifying time for your age group, we recommend that you still enter the TCS London Marathon Ballot to increase your chances of gaining a place.
Using a qualifying time from the virtual event
You can also apply for a Good For Age place if you run the virtual TCS London Marathon within the relevant qualifying time and qualifying period detailed above.
However, if your only qualification time is from the virtual TCS London Marathon, you’ll also need to submit evidence of an ‘in-person’ half marathon time that meets the qualifying time displayed in the table below.
You must have run this half marathon time during the same qualifying period detailed above at an event with a certified course.
|18-39||sub 01:23:37||sub 01:44:23|
|40-44||sub 01:26:00||sub 01:46:47|
|45-49||sub 01:28:09||sub 01:48:13|
|50-54||sub 01:30:32||sub 01:51:34|
|55-59||sub 01:32:56||sub 01:53:42|
|60-64||sub 01:44:23||sub 02:05:25|
|65-69||sub 01:51:34||sub 02:19:16|
|70-74||sub 02:19:16||sub 02:47:13|
|75-79||sub 02:26:27||sub 02:56:33|
|80+||sub 02:33:22||sub 03:05:52|
Good For Age FAQs
- No. Meeting the time for your age category does not guarantee entry into the event, but simply the opportunity to submit an application.
- Qualifying times must be run at an event that has a certified marathon course. Race courses must be certified by UKA, the Association for International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS), or a national governing body for distance running for the country in which the race is held.
- The age you were when you ran your time.
- No, the Good For Age entry process is only open to UK residents.
- Yes, we advise you to enter the ballot if your qualifying time is within 10 minutes of the Good For Age qualifying time.
You will need to provide the following:
- Proof of performance – a link to the results webpage that clearly displays the name, date and qualifying time of the event.
- Proof of age – this can be a copy of either your passport, driving licence or birth certificate.
- Proof of UK residence – this must be an official document proving your residence in the UK, such as a recent utility bill (within the last three months) or copy of your driving licence.
- Good For Age places are awarded based on qualifying times achieved within the designated qualifying period and cannot be deferred. The only exception is if you are pregnant or postpartum – please see our deferred entry page for more information, including how to withdraw.
If you’re a member of a British Athletics-affiliated running club and have recently achieved a championship-qualifying performance for a marathon, you can apply for a championship place in the TCS London Marathon.